At Affordable Remediation, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect to process orders and provide a more personalized Internet experience. Please read on for more detail about our security policy.
How We Use the Information We Collect
When you order, we need to know some personal data to contact, identify and process / ship your order such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number and expiration date. Credit card information is NOT stored.
- We will NEVER sell, rent, or give away your personal information
Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
This allows us to process and fulfill your orders and to notify you of your order status When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. Only using personal information to process your orders and providing a personalized, rewarding customer experience NEVER selling, renting, or giving away your personal information.
We personalize your shopping experience by using your purchases to shape our recommendations about new products that might be of interest to you. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of our site. We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the Web site, new SpyAssociates.com products and special offers we think you'll find valuable. Registering with Affordable Remediation allows you to personalize your info and participate in leaving reviews. Once you have registered, we will ask you for your account name and password to log in to these areas Our third party service providers may provide us information that tells us how our marketing ads, often placed on third party sites, performed and who clicked on them. This information does not identify any specific individual. If we were to associate it with you we would treat it as personal data.
Cookie data. We may use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our site) or similar technologies to record log data. Many browsers default to accepting cookies. You may be able to change this setting in your browser, and you can also clear your cookies. If you do, you may lose some functionality on our site. Check your browser’s help function to learn more about your cookie setting options.
We may use the following types of cookies and tags:
- Analytics: These cookies collect information about who is visiting our site and how users engage with our site. This information does not identify any individual user. It is aggregated and anonymous. Examples of information included: number of visitors to our site, referring websites, pages visited, time of day visited, repeat visitations, and other aggregated trends. This information is used to help us understand site usage, which allows us to improve services and maintain security monitoring. Please see ‘Sharing and Disclosure’ below for a listing of our analytics providers.
- Advertising cookies: Based on your browsing history and with our permission, we use third-party advertising partners to display to you relevant ads on external sites. Within these cookies, we may also know your location such as latitude, longitude, GeoIP, and other location specific information. Please see ‘Sharing and Disclosure’ below for your choices on cookies in the use of advertising.
- Essential cookies: These cookies help run our site and make your experience better. These include cookies that allow you access to members-only sections or make our site load quickly. These cookies are only used to provide you with these services.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember preferences you have selected, such as login status or shopping cart selections. These are designed to make the site easier to to use.
- Social Media cookies: We use social media tools on our site and these cookies allow the social media network to record when you have liked or engaged with a social media tool on our site. In some situations, the social network may send us data that you have set to share. If you do not want the social media network to share information with us, please check your privacy settings with the social media network. Please see below for a list of integrated social media services.
- E-Mail cookies: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. You can opt out of receiving emails from us. Please see the Your Choices section below.
- Pixel tagging: We might also use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the site and provide us with information based on your interaction with the site. These tags may collect the IP address from the device which you loaded the page, the browser type. Pixel tags are also used by our third parties to collect information when you visit our site, the links and other actions you take on our site, and we may use this information in combination with cookies to display targeted advertisements.
- Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security and fraud detection purposes.
- If you have any questions about cookies you can go to www.youronlinechoices.com/uk.
How We Protect Customer Information
When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access. In the unlikely event unauthorized use of your credit card occurs, follow the reporting procedures defined by your credit card provider and contact us immediately. If you are more comfortable with inputting your credit card number over the phone, you can email our Customer Service Center on our contact page with your phone number, name and contact information. Our customer service team will gladly call you to take your credit card information via phone securely.
What We Do With Our Information
Affordable Remediation does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Also Affordable Remediation may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Our Direct Business Interests:
- To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, if you have consented to receive such information. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those you purchased previously.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service changes, that may affect our service to you.
- Performance of Contract: To meet our contractual commitments to you and in performance of contractual obligations to you.
Advertiser Business Interests:
- We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you.
- We may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent, and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third-parties, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy, or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information shared. We will share your information in the following ways.
With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions and other payment methods. We may also engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services on our behalf to you.
With third party analytics providers: We use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our services. This data is shared with other Google Services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
With third party advertising providers: We use Google AdWords remarketing service, provided by Google Inc.
With Social Media: We use Twitter.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
With Social Media: We use Facebook.
- You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
- To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- To see more about Facebook’s participation in the Digital Advertising Alliance please visit the Choices section of this notice.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- We may participate in Facebook.com’s Custom Audience or LinkedIn’s Audience program, which enables us to display personalized ads to persons on our email list when they visit Facebook or LinkedIn respectively.
- We provide Personal Information such as your email address and phone number to this social media provider to enable it to determine if you are a registered account holder. You may opt-out of participation in this program by contacting us as noted below. You may also opt out of receiving these ads from the social media network directly.
Storing Your Personal Data/Transfer of Data
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data securely to the United States.
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Third Party Links
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
Choices and Individual Rights
We aim to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. We outline your choices below:
E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a promotional e-mail, we may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the products or services you have purchased.
Cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
Advertising. You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
Right to Lodge a Complaint. For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
We request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send us this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
Our site is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
In December 2016, the EU Parliament and Council agreed upon the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), first proposed in 2012, to go into effect on May 25, 2018.
GDPR offers a new framework for data protection with increased obligations for organizations. GDPR focuses on protecting personal data and handing control of it back to the subject of the data.
Governance Structure and Affordable Remediation Data Protection Officer
Data privacy is discussed throughout Affordable Remediation with regular presentations to all of our Employees, the Executive Team, and members of our Board of Directors.
Our named Data Protection Officer is Dominick DeFendis and can be reached at [email protected] to manage the request for data deletion within the GDPR timescale of 30 days..
Dominick leads the Privacy and Data Compliance initiative, where each Department Head has a core focus on the products we deliver, helping embed data privacy into operations whilst also monitoring activity on an ongoing basis.
We strive to sell only legal products to legal purchasers. We are not responsible for any purchase or use of our merchandise which is in violation of any applicable law or regulation. We are not responsible to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, arising out of use, misuse or inability to use any of our products.
Our devices may not be used to violate the privacy rights of others. In no way will Affordable Remediation nor any of its subsidiaries or partners be held responsible for inappropriate use of these products.
IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER TO CONSULT LEGAL COUNSEL FOR THE INTERPRETATION OF ANY LAWS APPLICABLE TO THE AREA OF INTENDED USE OF THESE PRODUCTS.
It is your responsibility to ascertain and comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws applicable to the purchase or use of our merchandise in your jurisdiction.
You are advised to contact an attorney licensed to practice law within your jurisdiction if you are unsure of the applicability of any law to the product you are purchasing or its intended use within your jurisdiction.
By placing an order, you represent that you are of legal age to purchase the product being purchased in your jurisdiction and that you will use the product only in a lawful manner.
Tell Us What You Think
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. Please reach out to us on our contact page.